Have you ever considered applying for business awards? They can be super beneficial for your business. There are a ton of different business awards in the UK, from local small business awards all the way to national scale awards. You’ve got your main awards that include pretty much every category of business out there, but there are also some about that are niche-specific like beauty awards.
My point is, there are a huge amount of awards, categories and niches that your business would qualify for, so why not apply? There usually is a registration fee, but there are lots of benefits to getting involved. Usually, there’ll be a lot of nominations for each category, then around 4 or 5 businesses are short-listed as finalists to be in with a chance of winning.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of applying for business awards!
How can applying for business awards benefit your business?
I’ve won a fair few awards in my time in business, but some of the standouts for me are:
- Most Loved Business in Peterborough from ‘The Best Of’
- Fifth Most Loved Business in the UK from ‘The Best Of’
- Winner of the ‘Unique Business’ award at the ‘Mumpreneur UK’ Awards
- Winner of the ‘Overall Small Business of the Year’ award at ‘The Small Awards’
- Winner of ‘Female Entrepreneur’ and the ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Community’ awards at ‘Women Leader’s 2018’ (which lead to me being invited to The Queen’s garden party!)
I’ve even had the amazing experience of being a judge at the ‘National Business Women Awards’ in 2018 and at the ‘Small Business Awards Peterborough’ in 2017 and 2018. What an experience! I even talk about how much of an honour it was in my book.